Sony will hold its PlayStation E3 2013 press conference on June 10, 2013 at 6 p.m. Pacific, according to invitations sent from the company today, where it's expected that the company will showcase new games for the PlayStation 4 and PS Vita.
The company didn't elaborate on its E3 plans, but it will likely devote some time to currently announced but still unreleased titles for the PlayStation 3 and Vita, including games like The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Rain, Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway.
Sony announced its next-generation PlayStation and a handful of new games, including Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack and Infamous: Second Son, at an event in February.
PlayStation's E3 2013 media briefing will follow Microsoft's Xbox press conference, which takes place at 10 a.m. Pacific on Monday, June 10. Press conferences from Electronic Arts and Ubisoft are planned for the same day. Nintendo, which typically held its E3 press conference the following morning, says it will not have a large-scale media presentation at this year's show.
Sony livestreamed last year's E3 press conference through Ustream, but the company hasn't announced its plans for this year's show. Polygon has contacted Sony Computer Entertainment America for more details on its plans.
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- What it's like to attend Girls Make Games, the all-girls game dev summer camp
- This laser-etched map of Zelda's Hyrule is going to sell out fast
- Ex-Silicon Knights dev sentenced in child pornography case, charged with sexual assault
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites