The next Xbox console will be revealed in two stages, said Microsoft's interactive entertainment chief of staff Aaron Greenberg on the latest Major Nelson podcast.
As was previously announced, the first stage of the reveal begins May 21 in which the company will unveil its next-generation Xbox console. The second presentation will take place during E3 and focus squarely on the games that will launch for the new platform.
"We have so much goodness that there's no way we could have packed it all into one event," Greenberg stated, as transcribed by CVG.
"The best way I can describe it is, we're really going to tell one story across two events. So we're going to start on the 21 [of May] and really that's about revealing the next Xbox platform and our vision for the future of games, the future of entertainment. We definitely have a lot of surprises planned.
"People are going to get a great inside look at the making of the new platform and the team that brought it to life. To be honest it's really about the team, the people here. We've never done this before, so it's really exciting to be able to do that.
"It's a lot of laying the foundation, and then just a couple weeks later we go to E3, and E3 is all about the games. It's going to be tons of exclusives [and] world premieres."
Polygon and The Verge will be teaming up with live video shows before and after the Microsoft press conference, beginning tomorrow at 12:30 p.m. ET. Hosted by Polygon's Justin McElroy and The Verge's Joshua Topolsky, the shows will bring you all the latest news as it happens, with live reports from our staff on the ground at Microsoft's campus in Redmond, Wash.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Love Marriage Vashikaran Mantra +918437760034
- Powerful get Online intercast love marriage specialist baba ji +91 8437760034
- voodoo tantra mantra specialist baba ji +91-8437760034
- Love Problem Solution Baba vashikaran +91-8437760034
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?