U.S.-based fans of eSports have a few major incentives to dine at Papa John's for the next week, since the fast-food pizza chain is offering a half-price discount for online orders made in support of eSports.
From today through May 27, eSports fans can head to pizza.gg and click through to the Papa John's website in support of the eSports players, teams and leagues of their choice, even for individual games. That includes organizations like Team Liquid and Evil Geniuses for games such as League of Legends and Dota 2. They'll receive 50 percent off a pizza by entering the promo code "PIZZAGG."
Of course, it wouldn't be a video game-related promotion without some gamification, and as more people order pizzas, they'll unlock 10 levels of objectives for swag like mouse pads, T-shirts and digital items, all the way up to a community pizza party.
There doesn't appear to be any limit to the number of times one can order a discounted pizza, so die-hard eSports fans may be preparing to get to know their local Papa John's delivery guy very well this week.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy