The newly announced Xbox One console will instantly boot up from its rest state, Microsoft confirms.
According to the console maker, the new platform will instantly wake up "so it's always ready when you are." Users can also use the voice command "Xbox On," which will boot up the console and, according to Microsoft, can even turn on the user's TV.
Similarly, console owners can pause and resume games instantly, and both downloads and updates will be out of sight so the user won't need to wait to access other content.
Senior vice president for Microsoft's interactive entertainment business Yusuf Mehdi demonstrated the console's voice command features and during today's reveal. Switching between games, music and television on the platform was shown to take mere seconds using these commands.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?