The newly announced Xbox One console will instantly boot up from its rest state, Microsoft confirms.
According to the console maker, the new platform will instantly wake up "so it's always ready when you are." Users can also use the voice command "Xbox On," which will boot up the console and, according to Microsoft, can even turn on the user's TV.
Similarly, console owners can pause and resume games instantly, and both downloads and updates will be out of sight so the user won't need to wait to access other content.
Senior vice president for Microsoft's interactive entertainment business Yusuf Mehdi demonstrated the console's voice command features and during today's reveal. Switching between games, music and television on the platform was shown to take mere seconds using these commands.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)