Xbox 360 Kinect owners had some trouble today watching Microsoft's Xbox One reveal due to device's response to "Xbox" commands spoken during the livestream.
Several users took to Twitter to document their problems, which included pausing, opening Xbox Live or quitting the stream entirely. Polygon's own reviews editor Arthur Gies experienced similar problems with his Kinect while watching the stream.
When the guy on the #XboxReveal stream said "Xbox Live" it activated my Kinect and killed the stream. Good thinking guys.— Jason Chen (@diskopo) May 21, 2013
Whenever he uses Kinect commands my connect listens and turns off the stream. #xboxreveal Go home Kinect, you're drunk.— Katy Goodman (@KatGoodman7) May 21, 2013
@ojko7 it wasn't the stream; it's that my Kinect kept responding to the guys on screen saying "Xbox" + a command.— Ryan Duffin (@AnimationMerc) May 21, 2013
@scottlowe I watched the live stream on my XBOX 360 and my Kinect paused the video every time a presenter said "XBOX ..." which is ironic.— Jamie Dalton (@VGMasterD) May 21, 2013
My Kinect keeps quitting the reveal live stream because they keep saying Xbox.COOL.— Dave Oshry (@DaveOshry) May 21, 2013
@majornelson the Xbox demo broke me out of the live stream, as local Kinect acted on it,— Joe Siegler (@DFishDesign) May 21, 2013
My Kinect keeps responding to the video stream. xD #XboxReveal— blueamcat (@blueamcat) May 21, 2013
That awkward moment, when an XBOX spokesman takes control of your kinect with his voice commands, and signs you out of the live-stream.@xbox— Dan Nunez (@ListenChump) May 21, 2013
Microsoft unveiled its next-gen console, Xbox One today during a one-hour presentation. The Xbox One will require a Kinect-connection at all times to properly run. According to Microsoft, the Kinect is "an essential and integrated part of the platform" and will enable users to switch between games, apps, TV and more. You can view all our coverage on Xbox One right here.
In This StoryStream
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- RIP Friends List?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming