Xbox 360 controllers will not be compatible with the newly announced Xbox One, Microsoft's corporate vice president Phil Spencer told Polygon at the company's unveiling event in Redmond.
The Xbox 360's controller was introduced in 2005. Along with adding a Guide button, it removed and rearranged several of its predecessor's design elements. Spencer, when asked, said they wouldn't be supported.
Xbox One's controller features 40 design changes, including a thinner analogue stick, a new precision pad, integreated battery compartment and Wi-Fi Direct Radio Stack. The controller does not include a touch screen, share button, near-field communication or biometric sensors like its current competitors.
In This StoryStream
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Mon Aug 18