In this week's issue of Famitsu magazine, Level-5 announced that they're set to release an upgraded version of Fantasy Life, the RPG/exploration/goof-around-and-fish-all-day game they released for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan late last year.
Called Fantasy Life Link!, the upgrade mostly focuses on boosting the game's online feature set. Up to four people can now play co-op over the Internet once they exchange Friend Codes, and there's also a new Link Mode that, when you're online, lets you exchange messages with friends and keep tabs on their progress through the game. This will be accompanied by a new website launching alongside Link! that's set to feature forums, stats, and screenshot albums. In addition, Level-5 showed off a new island that will be available for exploration in Link!, which will include new items to find and monsters to slay.
The upgrade is available July 25 in Japan for 4,980 yen. Players who already own the original Fantasy Life will be able to download the standalone upgrade for 2,000 yen.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance