Welcome to the brand-new Polygon article page! We've completely redesigned the look and feel of our articles, making your reading experience our top priority.
There is a lot to unpack here, so let's get started!
Faster reading experience: Page load has always been a big concern, so we took drastic steps to make articles faster and more functional. We've minimized page load, allowing content to load inline and putting Polygon on your screen as quickly as possible.
Brand new sidebar: On your right, you'll see a sidebar that sticks to your browser window, following you as you read the article and comments. Clicking an article in the sidebar loads up the content inline using PJAX, quickly serving up the next story.
There are several icons to choose from, including Latest, Video and Forums. Each offers a quick look at what's new and what's interesting on Polygon.
Keyboard navigation: Finished an article and want to read the next one? Use your keyboard! The left and right keys take you to the next article, further enhancing the speed and functionality of the article page.
User-friendly browsing: One concern we addressed was the difficulty users had in finding more content related to the article they were reading. The "Latest" sidebar now has dropdown menus for groups such as PlayStation, Xbox and Video. Now you can quickly find new, related content in a convenient location.
Better StoryStreams: The Xbox One was just announced, and Polygon wrote 77 articles (and counting) about the next-generation console from Microsoft. Our new sidebar offers an excellent way to see all StoryStream stories in chronological order, allowing you to seamlessly browse through them much like one would thumb through a magazine. Not interested in this article? Flip to the next one.
We're more responsive: Users on tablet and mobile can easily navigate our content without having to search for it. Polygon offers a smooth browsing experience whether you're on the go or at your desk. The articles will load faster than ever!
As with any new product, there are bound to be bugs or usability issues. If you see something you'd like to report, please email email@example.com with your issue, browser, operating system and any helpful screenshots you can provide. We will work to quickly resolve all the issues that come up due to this new article page.
- Game dev harassment remains as bad as it was a year ago
- 1080p will come to Xbox One games, but at a cost
- The police aren't an army: the problem with Battlefield Hardline
- CounterSpy review: arms race
- Wasteland 2 will be officially released Sept. 19
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 listing appears on Xbox.com
- Atari's bringing back Haunted House and Alone in the Dark this fall
- Cold War cover-shooting in CounterSpy
- Welcome to Pokégon: our page dedicated to Pokémon
- It's impossible to visit every planet in No Man's Sky
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Feature to track games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)