Welcome to the brand-new Polygon article page! We've completely redesigned the look and feel of our articles, making your reading experience our top priority.
There is a lot to unpack here, so let's get started!
Faster reading experience: Page load has always been a big concern, so we took drastic steps to make articles faster and more functional. We've minimized page load, allowing content to load inline and putting Polygon on your screen as quickly as possible.
Brand new sidebar: On your right, you'll see a sidebar that sticks to your browser window, following you as you read the article and comments. Clicking an article in the sidebar loads up the content inline using PJAX, quickly serving up the next story.
There are several icons to choose from, including Latest, Video and Forums. Each offers a quick look at what's new and what's interesting on Polygon.
Keyboard navigation: Finished an article and want to read the next one? Use your keyboard! The left and right keys take you to the next article, further enhancing the speed and functionality of the article page.
User-friendly browsing: One concern we addressed was the difficulty users had in finding more content related to the article they were reading. The "Latest" sidebar now has dropdown menus for groups such as PlayStation, Xbox and Video. Now you can quickly find new, related content in a convenient location.
Better StoryStreams: The Xbox One was just announced, and Polygon wrote 77 articles (and counting) about the next-generation console from Microsoft. Our new sidebar offers an excellent way to see all StoryStream stories in chronological order, allowing you to seamlessly browse through them much like one would thumb through a magazine. Not interested in this article? Flip to the next one.
We're more responsive: Users on tablet and mobile can easily navigate our content without having to search for it. Polygon offers a smooth browsing experience whether you're on the go or at your desk. The articles will load faster than ever!
As with any new product, there are bound to be bugs or usability issues. If you see something you'd like to report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your issue, browser, operating system and any helpful screenshots you can provide. We will work to quickly resolve all the issues that come up due to this new article page.
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Watch Dogs drop-in multiplayer can be turned on or off
- When a successful game is a failure
- Video Games Live to feature more than 50 shows worldwide
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Fight Club reimagined as a side-scrolling brawler
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Klei's puzzle game Eets Munchies now available for iOS
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- Getting a PS4
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- XBOne Classifieds
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Game development