Welcome to the brand-new Polygon article page! We've completely redesigned the look and feel of our articles, making your reading experience our top priority.
There is a lot to unpack here, so let's get started!
Faster reading experience: Page load has always been a big concern, so we took drastic steps to make articles faster and more functional. We've minimized page load, allowing content to load inline and putting Polygon on your screen as quickly as possible.
Brand new sidebar: On your right, you'll see a sidebar that sticks to your browser window, following you as you read the article and comments. Clicking an article in the sidebar loads up the content inline using PJAX, quickly serving up the next story.
There are several icons to choose from, including Latest, Video and Forums. Each offers a quick look at what's new and what's interesting on Polygon.
Keyboard navigation: Finished an article and want to read the next one? Use your keyboard! The left and right keys take you to the next article, further enhancing the speed and functionality of the article page.
User-friendly browsing: One concern we addressed was the difficulty users had in finding more content related to the article they were reading. The "Latest" sidebar now has dropdown menus for groups such as PlayStation, Xbox and Video. Now you can quickly find new, related content in a convenient location.
Better StoryStreams: The Xbox One was just announced, and Polygon wrote 77 articles (and counting) about the next-generation console from Microsoft. Our new sidebar offers an excellent way to see all StoryStream stories in chronological order, allowing you to seamlessly browse through them much like one would thumb through a magazine. Not interested in this article? Flip to the next one.
We're more responsive: Users on tablet and mobile can easily navigate our content without having to search for it. Polygon offers a smooth browsing experience whether you're on the go or at your desk. The articles will load faster than ever!
As with any new product, there are bound to be bugs or usability issues. If you see something you'd like to report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your issue, browser, operating system and any helpful screenshots you can provide. We will work to quickly resolve all the issues that come up due to this new article page.
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 coming 'early 2015'
- Madden 15's outspoken cover star loses with grace in his very first game
- State of Decay dev's latest project is like the online Pokémon game you've always wanted
- VR school girls? When a Pokemon fighting game isn't the weirdest project from Bandai Namco
- Here's the first trailer for the new Resident Evil 1 remake
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Themes are coming to PlayStation 4 and PS Vita
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC