The new console generation led by Microsoft's Xbox One and Sony's PlayStation 4 are ahead of the highest end PC on the market, according to EA CTO Rajat Teneja in a post written on LinkedIn.
"These architectures are a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market," wrote Teneja, a former employee of Microsoft.
"Our benchmarks on just the video and audio performance are 8-10 times superior to the current gen," he continued. "The compute capabilities of these platforms and the data transfer speeds we can now bank on, essentially removes any notion of rationing of systems resources for our game engines."
Teneja highlighted both Sony and Microsoft's focus on connected data as another key factor, stating Electronic Arts handles 50TB of telemetry data daily on its network. The newly announced consoles have committed to the cloud in such a way that will allow for the rapid development of this aspect of gaming.
"We'll really start to see more examples of true cross-device play," he said. "Sony showed off the ability through their cloud gaming functionality to allow gamers to play high-end console titles on the handheld Vita product. The architecture of both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 present more opportunities to take your game from TV to smartphone to PC, with seamless ubiquity and experience gaming at any time, in any way on any device."
His full post can be found here, while additional information regarding the new Xbox One console can be found in the stream below.
In This StoryStream
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28