Earlier this week Electronic Arts announced that their new sports game engine, Ignite, would be used to power nearly all of their future games. Speaking with Polygon later that day, EA Sports' Andrew Wilson said that the company is also looking to the Frostbite Engine to power most of their non-sports games.
The future for EA, Wilson said, would likely be a company that creates most of their games using these two engines.
Wilson also spoke with us about their decision to not show gameplay footage from Ignite during their on-stage presentation and how they hope to benefit from Microsoft's new relationship with the NFL.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Spare Xbox One code
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Spare PS4 Beta Codes