A listing for a Halo-related work called "Bootcamp" recently appeared on Korea's Game Ratings Board today, and Halo publisher Microsoft Studios confirmed to Polygon that it's an upcoming project the company is "very excited about."
In a statement first obtained by GameFront and later sent to Polygon, a Microsoft spokesperson said, "What's Bootcamp? It is not related to our Xbox One efforts, or the Reclaimer Saga, but rather a project we're very enthusiastic about and will have more to say about in the near future."
The Reclaimer Saga refers to the second trilogy of Halo video games, for which 343 Industries took over from original developer Bungie; that trilogy kicked off last fall with the launch of Halo 4. GameFront points out that "Boot Camp" is the subtitle of one of the Halo: Fall of Reach expanded universe books, and according to the Game Ratings Board listing, Bootcamp is a Windows PC-based online title, not a console experience.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business