"The support from paying players (who are still outnumbered by pirates) is what makes all this possible," Patrick Klug wrote. "We will still have to remain a small and lean start-up, focusing on small-ish games — the funds we have would evaporate extremely quickly if we suddenly started hiring a team of game developers — but we are very grateful that we can continue our path."
Shortly after the launch of Game Dev Tycoon, the developer made headlines with its clever response to piracy. Greenheart Games uploaded an alternate version to a torrent site, which would inform players after a few hours that their company was going bankrupt due to piracy.
Patrick Klug also added that after listening to player feedback, the duo will release an update to address balance problems.
"The problem is that the game is tuned for some play styles but not for others," Patrick Klug wrote. "The game can be too punishing at certain stages and, what's worse, it doesn't give you enough feedback to be able to adapt your strategy."
The developer is currently working on launching the update in August, where it will first be released on Steam.
Game Dev Tycoon is currently available for $7.99 through Greenheart Games. The game was also recently Greenlit on Steam and is tentatively scheduled for release this summer. Steam keys will be available at a later date.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments