According to Maclean's post, double XP weekends will run through July 7, with the final weekend beginning early in celebration of the Fourth of July.
Maclean also outlined the game's coming updates for the summer, beginning with update 2.2. Update 2.2, currently scheduled for June 11, will include new guild bonuses and Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond, which introduces harder mechanics.
Update 2.3 is due Aug. 6 and will include new flashpoints, a new daily area and a new recurring event. Maclean added that the list isn't "exhaustive" and that the team is also working on long-term items. More details on those projects will be released closer to their launch.
Yesterday, BioWare apologized for accidentally banning between 100 to 150 of its players. According to the developer's post, these players were "incorrectly caught" and can dispute their bannings by visiting email@example.com.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song