The expansion pack for Paradox Development Studio's role-playing strategy title,2, launches May 28 for Windows PC, Mac and Linux for $14.99.
2: The Old Gods features an retro-extended time period by 200 years to 867 AD and gives players "more years of bloodshed, intrigue and vicious family feuds in a titanic struggle between the followers of the White Christ, the Arab Prophet and the Old Gods."
The Old Gods will give players new options of playing as a Pagan chieftain or a Zoroastrian ruler. It also introduces new features, such as a new Pagan UI, the ability to loot provinces, burn structures to the ground, convert heathens and recruit adventurers.
For more information about Crusader Kings 2's fourth expansion, be sure to check out the third developer diary below where the team discusses the revised technology system.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes