Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson recently received a shimmering golden PSone console, which was sent to him personally from Sony, according to tweets from the game designer.
Got a vip invitation to an e3 event from sony in the form of a gold colored psone. Wow. :D twitter.com/notch/status/3…— Markus Persson (@notch) May 27, 2013
Persson tweeted that Sony also sent him an original copy of 1995 role-playing game Dungeon Master 2.
"They sure know how to bribe nerds," he wrote.
When asked if developer Mojang was looking into Xbox One support for Minecraft in some capacity, Persson told Polygon he could not offer comment.
"We're not allowed to comment on not being allowed to comment on speculation on other platforms for console Minecraft," Persson said.
Sony's efforts in courting of indie developers has redoubled in the past few months. In addition to focusing on its indie catalog at the 2013 Game Developer Conference and a dedicated PlayStation Mobile game jam at IndieCade East in February, the company recently announced it would waive the PlayStation Mobile licensing fee this summer for small studios. A dedicated indie games category was also recently added to the PlayStation Store and its April PlayStation Network sale featured four new indie titles, with the company citing a "strong showing on independent titles" at GDC as its reason for highlighting them.
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- In the face of recent wins, Nintendo's lack of online functions is no longer forgivable
- This is the most accurate Pokémon trailer you'll ever watch
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?