Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson recently received a shimmering golden PSone console, which was sent to him personally from Sony, according to tweets from the game designer.
Got a vip invitation to an e3 event from sony in the form of a gold colored psone. Wow. :D twitter.com/notch/status/3…— Markus Persson (@notch) May 27, 2013
Persson tweeted that Sony also sent him an original copy of 1995 role-playing game Dungeon Master 2.
"They sure know how to bribe nerds," he wrote.
When asked if developer Mojang was looking into Xbox One support for Minecraft in some capacity, Persson told Polygon he could not offer comment.
"We're not allowed to comment on not being allowed to comment on speculation on other platforms for console Minecraft," Persson said.
Sony's efforts in courting of indie developers has redoubled in the past few months. In addition to focusing on its indie catalog at the 2013 Game Developer Conference and a dedicated PlayStation Mobile game jam at IndieCade East in February, the company recently announced it would waive the PlayStation Mobile licensing fee this summer for small studios. A dedicated indie games category was also recently added to the PlayStation Store and its April PlayStation Network sale featured four new indie titles, with the company citing a "strong showing on independent titles" at GDC as its reason for highlighting them.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it
- How to destroy your enemies as the Monster in Evolve
- ABC just launched history's biggest, most well-funded LARP
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story