The Last of Us developer Naughty Dog is planning three DLC packs for the fungal-apocalyptic action game, and players can pre-order all of them now with the game's $19.99 season pass from the U.S. PlayStation Store. The full digital edition of the game is also now available for pre-order from the U.S. PlayStation Store.
The Last of Us digital edition and season pass pre-orders will roll out to other PlayStation Store regions at an unannounced date. Season passes will also be available from retailers when the game launches.
Season pass buyers will receive a Day 1 bonus pack, which consists of in-game upgrades such as increased crafting and healing speed, 9mm reload speed upgrade and rifle clip capacity upgrade. Grounded, the 90-minute "Making of The Last of Us" documentary, will also be included as a Day 1 bonus perk.
One of three DLC packs will be single player content. The other two packs will feature multiplayer content that will include maps "and other expansions." Naughty Dog teased that more details about the game's multiplayer will be revealed within the next couple of days.
Naughty Dog states in the press release that the multiplayer will be "an experience that continues the themes, tone and tension from the single player campaign."
For more information about The Last of Us, be sure to read our hands-on preview and our interview with game designer Ricky Cambier, where he discusses how dynamic stealth and action lets players set the pace of their experience.
The Last of Us will release on the available to purchase from the PlayStation Store on launch day.on June 14, 2013 and will also be
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story