Armikrog's story centers on the adventures of space explorer, Tommynaut, and his dog-like alien companion, Beak-Beak. The intrepid adventurers crash-land on a planet and find themselves locked in a fortress known as the Armikrog.
Creator Doug TenNapel (Earthworm Jim, Skullmonkeys) announced in March that he was joining up with The Neverhood and Earthworm Jim animators Ed Schofield and Mike Dietz to create the spiritual successor. Schofield and Dietz are also the founders of Pencil Test Studios.
At the time, he had also revealed that Terry Scott Taylor, composer of The Neverhood and Skullmonkeys, will do the soundtrack.
Armikrog will feature the voices of Rob Paulsen (Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs), Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite, Blades of Glory), Michael J. Nelson (Rifftrax, Mystery Science Theatre 3000), Veronica Belmont (Revision 3) and Scott Kurtz (Player Vs. Player).
Armikrog will be released DRM-free forPC, and and will also see distribution via "and/or other comparable download venues." The team are aiming to complete the game within a year. The game will be developed using the Unity engine along with "animation, modelling, sculpting, set building and clay & puppet fabrication methods" used in their past games.
Pencil Test Studios and TenNapel have launched an Armikrog Kickstarter campaign with an initial funding goal of $900,000. At the time of writing, the campaign has received more than $100,000 in pledges. Be sure to watch the Kickstarter pitch video below.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27