The game, which is played entirely through the Black Crown Project site, casts players as a clerk in the mysterious Widsith Institute, a facility dedicated to the research of "bespoke diseases." By cataloging and reading the diaries of the Institute's many world explorers, players will learn more about the Miasma Eremite, a character central to the lore of Black Crown, and encounter a number of shady characters occupying the Institute.
Today's launch marks the beginning of "stage one" for the title, which will run for one month before more narrative content is added to the game. Anyone curious about what the Widswith Institute is hiding can sign up for a free account.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- The International Dota 2 tournament watched by more than 20M viewers, Valve says
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month