A trailer released yesterday for Perfect Stride, a "maximalist skater" from developer Arcane Kids, introduces a surreal skate park and its obtuse controls inspired by old-school first-person shooters.
Check out the trailer above to see the game in action, which is in development for Windows PC and Mac from the creators of the Independent Games Festival award-winning Zineth. On Perfect Stride's official website, the developers describe it as "Literally a perfect game. State Of The Art computer graphics. Based on old school FPS movement exploits (Quake jumping, Tribes skiing, CS surfing). The controls are hella hard & we like it that way so shut up."
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- How the E.T. documentary chronicles the birth of the unsatisfied game consumer