Flower, thatgamecompany's artistic, peaceful PlayStation 3 game, is headed to PlayStation Vita according to the list of titles slated to appear at the IndieCade E3 booth.
IndieCade's booth will also feature games for mobile, PC, PlayStation Vita and the Sifteo Cube platforms. Games and developers on tap for E3 include:
- 7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat by Mousechief
- 6180 the moon by Turtle Cream & PokPoong Games
- TorqueL by FullPowerSideAttack.com
- Tower of Guns by Terrible Posture Games
- Crashtastic by FunSmith
- in a window by Picardy Third Entertainment
- Dominique Pamplemousse in It's All Over Once The Fat Lady Sing by Deirdra Kiai
- C3 by Phoenix Production
- The Dead Linger by Sandswept Studios
- Pinstripe by Thomas Brush
- Soundodger by Studio Bean
- That Dragon, Cancer by Ryan Green and Josh Larson
- Guns of Icarus Online by Muse Games
- Legend of Dungeon by Robot Loves Kitty
- Hidden by Parsons New School for Design
- TowerFall by Matt Makes Games
- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime by Asteroid Base
- Voronoid by Zach Aikman
- Luxuria Superbia by Tale of Tales for iPad
- In a Permanent Save State by Benjamin Poynter for Android
- Spaceteam by Sleeping Beast Games for iOS
- Perfection by Dumb and Fat Games for iPad
- Forsaken Planet by Loot Entertainment for PC and mobile devices
- Hohokum by Honeyslug
- Flower Vita by thatgamecompany
Big games and card games
- Body Scrub; Lego by USC Game Innovation Lab
- Space Maestro by USC Interactive Media & Games Division; USC Music school graduate students, U.S. and South Korea for Kinect
- Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party by KnapNok Games for Wii U
- Babel Build by Matthew Colton Spross, a physical game
- QuickDraw by Greenfly Studios a "no graphics game for Playstation Move"
- Johann Sebastian Joust by Die Gute Fabrik a "no-graphics music-enabled game for the PlayStation Move"
- Pedandeck by Brian Schrank, a social card game
- Stickers in Public by Studio Cypher, a pervasive big game
- Tower No Tumble by Die Gute Fabrik
- Pesky Pirates by Sifteo Games Team
- Squaresville by Frank Force
- Parapluie by One Life Remains
IndieCade's organizers hold a series of international events each year highlighting independent games and those who create them. IndieCade East was held earlier this year in New York, and a game jam during the event produced several PlayStation Mobile games that were later shown at GDC.
We've reached out to Sony and thatgamecompany for more information about Flower on the PS Vita and will update with more information as it becomes available.
E3 2013 will take place June 11-13, 2013, and Polygon will be there to bring you all the news.
UPDATE: "There's not much we can do other than to say that it exists, that we're not handling the port for it, and that we don't know a prospective release date," a thatgamecompany spokersperson told Polygon.
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Why Pikachu may soon be as iconic as Mickey Mouse
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Demos are dead, long live demos
- How Super III is super inspired by Super Meat Boy, Super Mario 64
- Assassin's Creed Memories is available for iOS now
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter trailer shows off murder scenes, idyllic countryside
- Development hell: The video game
- Swing Copters, clones and the dismal failure of the 'open' app store
- Want to save time and money? Stop buying games at launch