Flower, thatgamecompany's artistic, peaceful PlayStation 3 game, is headed to PlayStation Vita according to the list of titles slated to appear at the IndieCade E3 booth.
IndieCade's booth will also feature games for mobile, PC, PlayStation Vita and the Sifteo Cube platforms. Games and developers on tap for E3 include:
- 7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat by Mousechief
- 6180 the moon by Turtle Cream & PokPoong Games
- TorqueL by FullPowerSideAttack.com
- Tower of Guns by Terrible Posture Games
- Crashtastic by FunSmith
- in a window by Picardy Third Entertainment
- Dominique Pamplemousse in It's All Over Once The Fat Lady Sing by Deirdra Kiai
- C3 by Phoenix Production
- The Dead Linger by Sandswept Studios
- Pinstripe by Thomas Brush
- Soundodger by Studio Bean
- That Dragon, Cancer by Ryan Green and Josh Larson
- Guns of Icarus Online by Muse Games
- Legend of Dungeon by Robot Loves Kitty
- Hidden by Parsons New School for Design
- TowerFall by Matt Makes Games
- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime by Asteroid Base
- Voronoid by Zach Aikman
- Luxuria Superbia by Tale of Tales for iPad
- In a Permanent Save State by Benjamin Poynter for Android
- Spaceteam by Sleeping Beast Games for iOS
- Perfection by Dumb and Fat Games for iPad
- Forsaken Planet by Loot Entertainment for PC and mobile devices
- Hohokum by Honeyslug
- Flower Vita by thatgamecompany
Big games and card games
- Body Scrub; Lego by USC Game Innovation Lab
- Space Maestro by USC Interactive Media & Games Division; USC Music school graduate students, U.S. and South Korea for Kinect
- Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party by KnapNok Games for Wii U
- Babel Build by Matthew Colton Spross, a physical game
- QuickDraw by Greenfly Studios a "no graphics game for Playstation Move"
- Johann Sebastian Joust by Die Gute Fabrik a "no-graphics music-enabled game for the PlayStation Move"
- Pedandeck by Brian Schrank, a social card game
- Stickers in Public by Studio Cypher, a pervasive big game
- Tower No Tumble by Die Gute Fabrik
- Pesky Pirates by Sifteo Games Team
- Squaresville by Frank Force
- Parapluie by One Life Remains
IndieCade's organizers hold a series of international events each year highlighting independent games and those who create them. IndieCade East was held earlier this year in New York, and a game jam during the event produced several PlayStation Mobile games that were later shown at GDC.
We've reached out to Sony and thatgamecompany for more information about Flower on the PS Vita and will update with more information as it becomes available.
E3 2013 will take place June 11-13, 2013, and Polygon will be there to bring you all the news.
UPDATE: "There's not much we can do other than to say that it exists, that we're not handling the port for it, and that we don't know a prospective release date," a thatgamecompany spokersperson told Polygon.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- SOE president says H1Z1 makers are 'fans and contributors' of DayZ
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Art exhibit blends video games with religious iconography
- Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam and Humongous Entertainment return to PC on Steam
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Tales of Hearts R to launch in North America late this year
- See The Fifth Element imagined as a 16-bit video game