South Park: The Stick of Truth will still be released this year despite not being included in the publisher Ubisoft's official release schedule made available earlier in the week, VideoGamer.com reports.
According to a Ubisoft representative, while there are no updates on the status of the game, The Stick of Truth is still "scheduled for release in calendar 2013."
Ubisoft acquired the title for $3.2 million earlier in the year, following THQ's closure. The game was initially slated to be released later this May when it was still under the THQ umbrella; however, it was delayed after being acquired by Ubisoft.
South Park: The Stick of Truth remains in development under Obsidian. The title is being developed for Windows PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, while South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are writing the script for the game, overseeing the project and providing the voices of the characters.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Which wiki?
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)