The Wii U version of tactical shooter Sniper Elite V2 is missing online features and add-on content present in the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the title that launched last spring, reports My Nintendo News.
The game's was released last week for Nintendo's new console, and not long after a screenshot posted to Miiverse of its title screen revealed Sniper Elite V2's missing components. The Wii U version omits online play for co-op, all multiplayer modes and leaderboards. Also missing is post-launch downloadable content released in the year since V2's initial release. This DLC included additional single-player missions and a competitive multiplayer mode.
Publisher 505 Games confirmed with Eurogamer the online features and DLC are not included in Sniper Elite V2 on Wii U, but did not offer explanation.
Polygon has reached out to 505 and developer Rebellion Developments for more details and will update this story accordingly.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Fan-made Smash Bros. has better characters