I take a break from the podcast to fulfill my civic duty and Griffin McElroy buys a Wii U.
I'm genuinely curious what our listeners think about this decision. At first, I was befuddled. It's like when a man buys an expensive umbrella in the middle of a drought. But I've come to see his point. The logic's charming in a really expensive sort of way.
What do you think? Would you buy a console to better enjoy a hype train that may or may not arrive at the station?
- 03:30 - Best unreliable narration in games this year (Call of Juarez: Gunslinger)
- 14:00 - Best killer app for the Wii U that I purchased over the weekend for some reason (Super Metroid)
- 23:20 - Half time: E3 hype and a case of the barfs
- 33:30 - Best mask simulation in video game history (Metro: Last Light)
- 38:50 - Best use of life's
mondernity mundisnusmundanity to build tension in a video game (Metro: Last Light)
- 43:20 - The winner is...
Theme song by Ian Dorsch
Get the show:
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- How Call of Duty: Ghosts' new Chaos Mode perks will level the playing field
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?