A new trailer for Nintendo's Luigi-themed version of New Super Mario Bros. U shows what the eternal sidekick brings to the table.
Luigi is capable of jumping higher and running faster than his elder brother Mario, but this speed comes with the drawback of taking longer to stop, risking a plunge off ledges. He will have to put that speed and jump height to good use, however, given that New Super Luigi U's remixed levels come with a time limit of just 100 seconds.
The trailer also shows new playable character Nabbit, who replaces Mario in the game's multiplayer.
New Super Luigi U will be available for download on June 20 in North America and Europe, and at retail in August.
More from Polygon
- RIP Friends List?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming