Metro: Last Light launched to critical acclaim earlier this month, and 4A Games' post-apocalyptic shooter has also proved to be a commercial success worldwide, said publisher Deep Silver today.
In Last Light's first week on store shelves, its sales in the U.S. surpassed the lifetime sales numbers for Metro 2033 retail copies in the country. And globally, Deep Silver sold more copies of all versions of Last Light — all platforms, both digitally and at retail — in its first week of release than in the first three months of release for Metro 2033. That includes the well-performing Windows PC version, which outsold the PC version of Metro 2033 by a factor of three during its first week.
Deep Silver did not provide specific sales numbers, however.
"4A Games are honored by the reception our latest project has received," said Andrew Prokhorov, the studio's creative director, in a press release announcing the sales success. "We are a small but dedicated team who are lucky to have been given the creative freedom and support to make the kind of experience we dream, as gamers, of playing."
The studio is continuing its work on Last Light with four pieces of downloadable content that players can pre-purchase with a $15 season pass. In announcing the season pass last week, 4A Games said it plans to release the four DLC packs "throughout the summer."
- Want to pitch your indie game? Learn from the guy who's directing Star Wars VIII
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- Solving Silent Hills' playable trailer
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- FIFA to crack down on Ultimate Team cheating and coin-farming
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9