GameStop will no longer accept PlayStation 2 trade-ins as of June 1, according to a photo posted by Reddit user eGORapTure.
The rule will apply to all PS2 games, accessories and consoles, according to the photo. Polygon contacted several stores nationwide to confirm the date. According to one GameStop employee located in New York, several stores have already stopped accepting PS2 items and June 1 is the company-wide date. Another GameStop employee told Polygon that stores would continue to sell PS2 stock after trade-ins ended.
Sony stopped manufacturing the PS2 altogether in December of last year after almost 13 years in production.
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What Last-Gen Game Do You Want Remade For Next-Gen?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- DESTINY disappointment?