GameStop will no longer accept PlayStation 2 trade-ins as of June 1, according to a photo posted by Reddit user eGORapTure.
The rule will apply to all PS2 games, accessories and consoles, according to the photo. Polygon contacted several stores nationwide to confirm the date. According to one GameStop employee located in New York, several stores have already stopped accepting PS2 items and June 1 is the company-wide date. Another GameStop employee told Polygon that stores would continue to sell PS2 stock after trade-ins ended.
Sony stopped manufacturing the PS2 altogether in December of last year after almost 13 years in production.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?