GameStop will no longer accept PlayStation 2 trade-ins as of June 1, according to a photo posted by Reddit user eGORapTure.
The rule will apply to all PS2 games, accessories and consoles, according to the photo. Polygon contacted several stores nationwide to confirm the date. According to one GameStop employee located in New York, several stores have already stopped accepting PS2 items and June 1 is the company-wide date. Another GameStop employee told Polygon that stores would continue to sell PS2 stock after trade-ins ended.
Sony stopped manufacturing the PS2 altogether in December of last year after almost 13 years in production.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?