GameStop will no longer accept PlayStation 2 trade-ins as of June 1, according to a photo posted by Reddit user eGORapTure.
The rule will apply to all PS2 games, accessories and consoles, according to the photo. Polygon contacted several stores nationwide to confirm the date. According to one GameStop employee located in New York, several stores have already stopped accepting PS2 items and June 1 is the company-wide date. Another GameStop employee told Polygon that stores would continue to sell PS2 stock after trade-ins ended.
Sony stopped manufacturing the PS2 altogether in December of last year after almost 13 years in production.
More from Polygon
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?