PAX Australia revealed the six inaugural PAX Aus Indie Showcase winners who will take center stage at the expo's Indie Pavilion.
The winning six games are as follows:
- Alexander Bruce's first-person puzzle game, Antichamber, for PC.
- Man Fight Dragon's action strategy title, Black Annex, for Windows PC.
- Kumobius' arcade flyer, Duet, for .
- Endgame Studios' retro style platformer, Fractured Soul, for and Windows PC.
- Impromptu Games' puzzle game, Influx, for Windows PC and .
- Brawsome's puzzle adventure game, MacGuffin's Curse, for Windows PC, Mac and iOS.
A panel of gaming industry peers chose the winning games out of 60 titles submitted by Australian and New Zealand independent developers. The six titles will receive free booth space in the center of the Indie Pavilion, which will showcase a total of 30 indie games from the region.
"We basically do as much as we can to push them out there, we feel these games are special and deserve to be recognized as examples of what Australian developers are capable of," PAX Australia's communications and content manager Guy "Yug" Blomberg told Polygon.
The expo will take place between July 19 to 21 at the Melbourne Showgrounds.