From today through May 13, the four Serious Sam games on Xbox Live Arcade are each available for 400 Microsoft Points ($5), 50 percent off their usual price. That includes Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, Serious Sam 3: BFE (screenshot above) and Serious Sam Double D XXL. Jewel of the Nile, the add-on for Serious Sam 3: BFE, is also on sale for the same price.
This week will also see the release of two skin packs for 4J Studios' Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, the 1st Birthday Skins Pack for free and the Battle 'N Beasts Pack for 160 Microsoft Points ($2). And Pocketwatch Games' Monaco: What's Yours is Mine, which was supposed to be released last month but was delayed due to technical issues, will be available May 10 for 1,200 Microsoft Points ($15).
The expansion packs for Battlefield 3 will all be on sale for half price from May 14-20. Back to Karkand, Close Quarters, Armored Kill, Aftermath and End Game will each be sold for 600 Microsoft Points ($7.50), while the Battlefield Premium season pass — which includes access to all five packs — will be discounted by 30 percent, from 4,000 Microsoft Points ($50) to 2,800 Microsoft Points ($35). And Coffee Stain Studios will release its first-person shooter/tower defense hybrid title Sanctum 2 on May 15 for 1,200 Microsoft Points.
- Towerfall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- Report: R.B.I Baseball 14 to launch on April 10
- Prepare to run Dark Souls 2 with the PC version's system requirements
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- The Besties: The Best Games of February 2014
- Hack into Nedry's Jurassic Park security system
- Goofball Goals - Overview video