Electronic Arts will have a "full reveal" for next-gen titles from DICE, EA Sports and BioWare during E3 2013, president of labels Frank Gibeau said during the company's fourth quarter earnings call.
"Regarding next-generation consoles, we are under a non-disclosure agreement with our platform partners, however, we're planning a full reveal at E3 including more next-generation titles in development for FY14," Gibeau said. "This will include breakthroughs in graphics and gameplay for some of our biggest franchises including Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, NBA Live and Need for Speed. We plan to unveil new titles from EA Sports, BioWare and DICE and a first look at some brand new games."
DICE's newest title could potentially be a Mirror's Edge sequel, which Gibeau said was "on the list" of possible projects last summer. DICE previously announced Battlefield 4 last July and officially unveiled it during GDC 2013. BioWare announced Dragon Age 3: Inquisition in September of last year, but has yet to show the game.
Gibeau also touched briefly on a brand new engine being developed by the EA Sports team. The unnamed engine will be shown along with the Frostbite 3 engine, revealed at DICE. According to Gibeau, these engines will power "all of our development on the new systems."
"They provide an enduring common technology that saves cost, fosters efficiency and provides spectacular physics and graphics for our games," Gibeau said. "This isn't a vision. These engines are fully functional right now and powering the games you'll see at E3 in June."
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?