Electronic Arts will have a "full reveal" for next-gen titles from DICE, EA Sports and BioWare during E3 2013, president of labels Frank Gibeau said during the company's fourth quarter earnings call.
"Regarding next-generation consoles, we are under a non-disclosure agreement with our platform partners, however, we're planning a full reveal at E3 including more next-generation titles in development for FY14," Gibeau said. "This will include breakthroughs in graphics and gameplay for some of our biggest franchises including Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, NBA Live and Need for Speed. We plan to unveil new titles from EA Sports, BioWare and DICE and a first look at some brand new games."
DICE's newest title could potentially be a Mirror's Edge sequel, which Gibeau said was "on the list" of possible projects last summer. DICE previously announced Battlefield 4 last July and officially unveiled it during GDC 2013. BioWare announced Dragon Age 3: Inquisition in September of last year, but has yet to show the game.
Gibeau also touched briefly on a brand new engine being developed by the EA Sports team. The unnamed engine will be shown along with the Frostbite 3 engine, revealed at DICE. According to Gibeau, these engines will power "all of our development on the new systems."
"They provide an enduring common technology that saves cost, fosters efficiency and provides spectacular physics and graphics for our games," Gibeau said. "This isn't a vision. These engines are fully functional right now and powering the games you'll see at E3 in June."
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- Hyrule Warriors Nintendo Direct coming Aug. 4
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders