Blizzard has taken the live earlier today, introduced a gold duping bug that led to players amassing up to trillions in gold, causing serious problems with the 3 economy.3 gold and real-money Auction Houses offline after the game's 1.0.8 patch, which went
"After the release of Patch 1.0.8 this morning, we made the decision to take the gold and real-money Auction Houses offline to investigate a bug that certain players were exploiting to dupe gold," a Blizzard spokesperson told Polygon. "Our team is working hard to fix any outstanding issues and take appropriate actions with the accounts involved."
According to a Battle.net post, many players now have billions in gold and one player has amassed 371 trillion gold through the exploitation. A NeoGAF forum member wrote that when Blizzard dropped the gold floor from $0.25 a million to $0.25 cents per 10 million "players then bought gems for real money and converted them to gold," and then the gold dupe was discovered with "some streamers duping TRILLIONS."
Blizzard revealed on a Battle.net post at 10:15 p.m. PT, that it believes it has found a fix for the gold duping bug and will deploy it to all regions. Diablo 3 will be in maintenance for an hour as a result.
Diablo 3 players are petitioning Blizzard via multiple threads on Battle.net to roll back to the start of the patch; however, Blizzard stated in a post that it needs "to determine whether or not a rollback is appropriate."
- Titanfall - Overview video
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Why you don't want an online mode in TowerFall
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Gran Turismo 6 update adds multi-monitor compatibility and more
- Dark Souls 2 review: not the end
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Xbox One headset adapter users encountering chat audio issues
- Back to work: The story of the Hello Games flood
- Xbox Live users experiencing sign-in problems, 'not a Titanfall issue'
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- This is why we can't have nice things.
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?