A recently released mod for Minecraft called the Minecrift Mod brought support for the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, and a video posted this week by YouTube user Vaecon shows Mojang's blocky world building game displayed in stereoscopic 3D.
Check out the video above to see Vaecon walk through a build of the game using the Oculus Rift, which surprised him because of the sense of scale that the headset adds to the game.
"I don't know how to fully describe it, but I feel small walking through these caverns — these huge, huge caverns and looking around ... it just makes you feel so small," he said.
Minecrift Mod's most recent build was released May 6 and includes support for head tracking input. Modder StellaArtois plans to add control schemes and make the game's user interface display in 3D in future releases.
Minecraft doesn't officially support the Oculus Rift, but Minecraft developer Nathan Adams tweeted earlier that week that it "Would take a lot of work to get it working for Minecraft, but not impossible — especially with the new launcher. Hmm."
For more on the virtual reality headset, check out Polygon's hands-on impressions from GDC 2013.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends