An update for Origin, Electronic Arts' digital distribution service, adds options for powerful computers, tweaks the interface, achievements and more, according to an update posted on the official website.
Origin version 9.2.1 adds a new "multilauncher" for 64-bit systems that gives "additional options for taking advantage of your hardware when starting supported games." Origin's Application Settings menu has also been revamped, and users can now track achievements and the Origin Points they earn from playing Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, and Dead Space 3 on their profile page. Finally, those who broadcast their gameplay now have the option to automatically archive it.
If you'd like to install the update for Windows PC or Mac now, you can sign up for the Origin beta program. Those who don't participate in the beta will receive an update "in the weeks to come."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart