An update for Origin, Electronic Arts' digital distribution service, adds options for powerful computers, tweaks the interface, achievements and more, according to an update posted on the official website.
Origin version 9.2.1 adds a new "multilauncher" for 64-bit systems that gives "additional options for taking advantage of your hardware when starting supported games." Origin's Application Settings menu has also been revamped, and users can now track achievements and the Origin Points they earn from playing Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, and Dead Space 3 on their profile page. Finally, those who broadcast their gameplay now have the option to automatically archive it.
If you'd like to install the update for Windows PC or Mac now, you can sign up for the Origin beta program. Those who don't participate in the beta will receive an update "in the weeks to come."
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Getting a PS4
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Battlefield 4 forum?