An update for Origin, Electronic Arts' digital distribution service, adds options for powerful computers, tweaks the interface, achievements and more, according to an update posted on the official website.
Origin version 9.2.1 adds a new "multilauncher" for 64-bit systems that gives "additional options for taking advantage of your hardware when starting supported games." Origin's Application Settings menu has also been revamped, and users can now track achievements and the Origin Points they earn from playing Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, and Dead Space 3 on their profile page. Finally, those who broadcast their gameplay now have the option to automatically archive it.
If you'd like to install the update for Windows PC or Mac now, you can sign up for the Origin beta program. Those who don't participate in the beta will receive an update "in the weeks to come."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)