An update for Origin, Electronic Arts' digital distribution service, adds options for powerful computers, tweaks the interface, achievements and more, according to an update posted on the official website.
Origin version 9.2.1 adds a new "multilauncher" for 64-bit systems that gives "additional options for taking advantage of your hardware when starting supported games." Origin's Application Settings menu has also been revamped, and users can now track achievements and the Origin Points they earn from playing Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, and Dead Space 3 on their profile page. Finally, those who broadcast their gameplay now have the option to automatically archive it.
If you'd like to install the update for Windows PC or Mac now, you can sign up for the Origin beta program. Those who don't participate in the beta will receive an update "in the weeks to come."
More from Polygon
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?