A new Halo game is headed to Xbox One in 2014, Microsoft revealed at its E3 2013 press conference today.
Bonnie Ross, general manager of 343 Industries, took to the stage to reveal that the next installment will take "full advantage" of Microsoft's next-gen console, highlighting cloud features. For the first time in series history, she said, the next Halo game will run at 60 frames-per-second. You can check out the cinematic trailer, which appeared to include a gigantic Promethean enemy, that aired during the event below.
The most recent installment, Halo 4, was released for Xbox 360 in November 2012. Developer 343 Industries picked up development for the sci-fi first-person shooter and began the new three-part Reclaimer Trilogy. Halo 5 will be the second entry, picking up where Halo 4 left off.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall