A new Halo game is headed to Xbox One in 2014, Microsoft revealed at its E3 2013 press conference today.
Bonnie Ross, general manager of 343 Industries, took to the stage to reveal that the next installment will take "full advantage" of Microsoft's next-gen console, highlighting cloud features. For the first time in series history, she said, the next Halo game will run at 60 frames-per-second. You can check out the cinematic trailer, which appeared to include a gigantic Promethean enemy, that aired during the event below.
The most recent installment, Halo 4, was released for Xbox 360 in November 2012. Developer 343 Industries picked up development for the sci-fi first-person shooter and began the new three-part Reclaimer Trilogy. Halo 5 will be the second entry, picking up where Halo 4 left off.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?