Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain is coming to Xbox One, it was revealed during Microsoft's E3 press conference today.
A trailer shown at the conference opened with Snake and another character riding horses through a desert. Through conversation, it is revealed that Snake is headed to Afghanistan. According to the trailer, the game will feature new kinds of stealth elements, various modes of transport and a realtime weather system.
The trailer also introduced new characters Kazuhira Miller, Eli, Skull Face and Quiet, along with returning characters Emmerich, Ocelot and Code Talker.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain was revealed through various teasers throughout the year. The game was officially announced in March during the 2013 Game Developers Conference. Last week during Konami's pre-E3 press conference, the company announced voice actor David Hayter would not be returning to play Snake, who will now be voiced by 24 star Keifer Sutherland.
GamesMediaHQ posted the footage shown during the conference to YouTube. Watch it below.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today