Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain is coming to Xbox One, it was revealed during Microsoft's E3 press conference today.
A trailer shown at the conference opened with Snake and another character riding horses through a desert. Through conversation, it is revealed that Snake is headed to Afghanistan. According to the trailer, the game will feature new kinds of stealth elements, various modes of transport and a realtime weather system.
The trailer also introduced new characters Kazuhira Miller, Eli, Skull Face and Quiet, along with returning characters Emmerich, Ocelot and Code Talker.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain was revealed through various teasers throughout the year. The game was officially announced in March during the 2013 Game Developers Conference. Last week during Konami's pre-E3 press conference, the company announced voice actor David Hayter would not be returning to play Snake, who will now be voiced by 24 star Keifer Sutherland.
GamesMediaHQ posted the footage shown during the conference to YouTube. Watch it below.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Upgrade ps4 to 7200rpm?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- Getting a PS4