Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment's rumored multiplayer first-person shooter, was officially announced for Xbox One and Xbox 360 during Microsoft's Xbox E3 2013 press conference.
In Titanfall, players take on the role of soliders and battle mechs in the distant future. Players have the ability to shift between assault pilots and 24-foot tall mechs, or Titans. According to game director Steve Fukuda in a press release, the game "places equal emphasis on two drastically different and new ways to move and fight" in a first-person shooter.
"The intersection of the two is a big part of what give Titanfall its iconic identity," Fukuda said.
During the press conference, Vince Zampella, Respawn CEO, confirmed that the game would use cloud computing. Titanfall is entirely multiplayer. You can watch the trailer above to see it in action.
Titanfall was leaked a few days ago after a NeoGAF user posted the cover from Game Informer magazine. Titanfall will be available for Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC in 2014. The Xbox 360 version of Titanfall is in development at an external studio with support from Respawn.
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Microsoft may be offering 24-hour demos of Xbox One games to Gold subscribers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us