Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment's rumored multiplayer first-person shooter, was officially announced for Xbox One and Xbox 360 during Microsoft's Xbox E3 2013 press conference.
In Titanfall, players take on the role of soliders and battle mechs in the distant future. Players have the ability to shift between assault pilots and 24-foot tall mechs, or Titans. According to game director Steve Fukuda in a press release, the game "places equal emphasis on two drastically different and new ways to move and fight" in a first-person shooter.
"The intersection of the two is a big part of what give Titanfall its iconic identity," Fukuda said.
During the press conference, Vince Zampella, Respawn CEO, confirmed that the game would use cloud computing. Titanfall is entirely multiplayer. You can watch the trailer above to see it in action.
Titanfall was leaked a few days ago after a NeoGAF user posted the cover from Game Informer magazine. Titanfall will be available for Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC in 2014. The Xbox 360 version of Titanfall is in development at an external studio with support from Respawn.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- There is a human inside this insane Metal Gear cosplay
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart