Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment's rumored multiplayer first-person shooter, was officially announced for Xbox One and Xbox 360 during Microsoft's Xbox E3 2013 press conference.
In Titanfall, players take on the role of soliders and battle mechs in the distant future. Players have the ability to shift between assault pilots and 24-foot tall mechs, or Titans. According to game director Steve Fukuda in a press release, the game "places equal emphasis on two drastically different and new ways to move and fight" in a first-person shooter.
"The intersection of the two is a big part of what give Titanfall its iconic identity," Fukuda said.
During the press conference, Vince Zampella, Respawn CEO, confirmed that the game would use cloud computing. Titanfall is entirely multiplayer. You can watch the trailer above to see it in action.
Titanfall was leaked a few days ago after a NeoGAF user posted the cover from Game Informer magazine. Titanfall will be available for Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC in 2014. The Xbox 360 version of Titanfall is in development at an external studio with support from Respawn.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Mercenary Kings hits PS4 April 1
- Why you don't want an online mode in TowerFall
- Candy Crush creator estimates its IPO could value the company at $7 billion
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Ubisoft vet launching 'hardcore platformer' Cubit on EU 3DS eShop
- What do we like (and not like) about Dark Souls 2?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Towerfall Diamond League
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Need your help fellow Polynauts regarding my thesis study!!!
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC