Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment's rumored multiplayer first-person shooter, was officially announced for Xbox One and Xbox 360 during Microsoft's Xbox E3 2013 press conference.
In Titanfall, players take on the role of soliders and battle mechs in the distant future. Players have the ability to shift between assault pilots and 24-foot tall mechs, or Titans. According to game director Steve Fukuda in a press release, the game "places equal emphasis on two drastically different and new ways to move and fight" in a first-person shooter.
"The intersection of the two is a big part of what give Titanfall its iconic identity," Fukuda said.
During the press conference, Vince Zampella, Respawn CEO, confirmed that the game would use cloud computing. Titanfall is entirely multiplayer. You can watch the trailer above to see it in action.
Titanfall was leaked a few days ago after a NeoGAF user posted the cover from Game Informer magazine. Titanfall will be available for Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC in 2014. The Xbox 360 version of Titanfall is in development at an external studio with support from Respawn.
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Fight Club reimagined as a side-scrolling brawler
- When a successful game is a failure
- Klei's puzzle game Eets Munchies now available for iOS
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Listen to the Blood Marsh theme from Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Assassin's Creed Pirates receives second major update
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Getting a PS4
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Game development
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Thief: Sneak sneak, steal steal, curse curse
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules