Battlefield and Mirror's Edge developer DICE is developing a new entry in the Star Wars: Battlefront series, publisher Electronic Arts announced at E3 today.
Star Wars: Battlefront's announcement came in the form of a very brief teaser, seemingly set on the ice planet Hoth, with the crunch of an AT-AT foot punctuating the teaser.
The announcement was foretold by EA last month, which said it would offer "a first look at our plans for the Star Wars partnership with Disney" at E3 2013.
In May, EA announced it had secured exclusive rights to develop and publish games based on the Star Wars franchise as part of a multi-year licensing deal with Disney. Additional Star Wars titles are in development at developers BioWare and Visceral Games. All will run on DICE's Frostbite 3 engine, the technology that powers this fall's Battlefield 4.
Further details about the new Star Wars: Battlefront were not provided by EA.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Which wiki?
- Getting a PS4