Battlefield and Mirror's Edge developer DICE is developing a new entry in the Star Wars: Battlefront series, publisher Electronic Arts announced at E3 today.
Star Wars: Battlefront's announcement came in the form of a very brief teaser, seemingly set on the ice planet Hoth, with the crunch of an AT-AT foot punctuating the teaser.
The announcement was foretold by EA last month, which said it would offer "a first look at our plans for the Star Wars partnership with Disney" at E3 2013.
In May, EA announced it had secured exclusive rights to develop and publish games based on the Star Wars franchise as part of a multi-year licensing deal with Disney. Additional Star Wars titles are in development at developers BioWare and Visceral Games. All will run on DICE's Frostbite 3 engine, the technology that powers this fall's Battlefield 4.
Further details about the new Star Wars: Battlefront were not provided by EA.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Video Game Album GameBreakers Vol 1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???