Battlefield and Mirror's Edge developer DICE is developing a new entry in the Star Wars: Battlefront series, publisher Electronic Arts announced at E3 today.
Star Wars: Battlefront's announcement came in the form of a very brief teaser, seemingly set on the ice planet Hoth, with the crunch of an AT-AT foot punctuating the teaser.
The announcement was foretold by EA last month, which said it would offer "a first look at our plans for the Star Wars partnership with Disney" at E3 2013.
In May, EA announced it had secured exclusive rights to develop and publish games based on the Star Wars franchise as part of a multi-year licensing deal with Disney. Additional Star Wars titles are in development at developers BioWare and Visceral Games. All will run on DICE's Frostbite 3 engine, the technology that powers this fall's Battlefield 4.
Further details about the new Star Wars: Battlefront were not provided by EA.
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS