The next Tom Clancy title is a massively multiplayer role-playing shooter called Tom Clancy's The Division and is being made by Ubisoft Massive, publisher Ubisoft announced during its E3 press briefing today.
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot introduced an announcement trailer for the game, and the developers played a live demo on PS4 afterward.
According to Ubisoft, it's an MMO-like game that takes place in New York, with the country thrown into anarchy after a pandemic unleashed by a terrorist. The demo was set in Brooklyn, with the Manhattan skyline and the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges in the background. You can watch the demo below.
Massive developed the competitive and co-op multiplayer components of Far Cry 3 and the Desmond content in Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake