Kingdom Hearts 3, the 10th installment in the Kingdom Hearts series and the final game in its current storyline, will launch for PlayStation 4, Square Enix announced today during Sony's E3 press conference.
Tetsuya Nomura acknowledged Kingdom Hearts 3 was in development shortly after the release of 2010 PlayStation Portable title Kingdom Heats: Birth by Sleep.
The first Kingdom Hearts launched in 2002 for PlayStation 2. The games focus on a young boy named Sora, Mickey Mouse and their friends as they travel through worlds that mashup elements and characters from Final Fantasy games and classic Disney films.
The series' games, both numbered installments and spin-off games contributing to the series' branching storylines, have also been released on Nintendo DS and 3DS as well as PlayStation Portable. The latest title, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, launched last summer for the 3DS and set up the plot for the final game.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?