Kingdom Hearts 3, the 10th installment in the Kingdom Hearts series and the final game in its current storyline, will launch for PlayStation 4, Square Enix announced today during Sony's E3 press conference.
Tetsuya Nomura acknowledged Kingdom Hearts 3 was in development shortly after the release of 2010 PlayStation Portable title Kingdom Heats: Birth by Sleep.
The first Kingdom Hearts launched in 2002 for PlayStation 2. The games focus on a young boy named Sora, Mickey Mouse and their friends as they travel through worlds that mashup elements and characters from Final Fantasy games and classic Disney films.
The series' games, both numbered installments and spin-off games contributing to the series' branching storylines, have also been released on Nintendo DS and 3DS as well as PlayStation Portable. The latest title, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, launched last summer for the 3DS and set up the plot for the final game.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?