The PlayStation 4 will launch at $399 in the US, €399 in Europe and £349 in the U.K. and will release this holiday, Sony announced at its E3 press conferenced today.
The PlayStation 4 was first announced in February of this year and will ship with a new controller — the touch-sensitive DualShock 4. It will also feature connectivity with second screen devices like tablets and mobile phones and a "Share" button that allows users to capture and share video content from their games.
The console will integrate streaming technology through Gaikai in 2014, which will allow PS4 users to instantly try out games without having to download the complete versions before being able to play.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Spare Xbox One code
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23