Destiny made its gameplay world premiere today during Sony's pre-E3 2013 press conference.
The trailer offered a look at the game's lush worlds, first-person gameplay and how players can meet up with friends and explore. During the live demo, studio head Jason Jones and game director Joe Staten teamed up to tackle enemies and scout through a desolate building. Jones and Staten easily dispatched alien enemies with energy-filled weapons and looted freely.
Shortly after exiting the building, the two were joined by a third player, adding a Titan to their Warlock and Hunter group. The trio quickly joined up with others to wage battle on a massive enemy.
"Your mission is vital, Guardian," a narrator says as the video wraps up. "If you succeed, you will become legend."
You can watch the video below.
Destiny was announced in February of this year. The game is an "always connected" first-person shooter where players act as Guardians of Earth's last city and traverse the solar system. Last month, Bungie announced that it would include Destiny's worldwide gameplay reveal during its press conference.
In addition to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, the game is also set to launch on Xbox One and Xbox 360. Speaking with IGN, senior writer Eric Osborne said that a PC version was not out of the question.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Which wiki?
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)