Destiny made its gameplay world premiere today during Sony's pre-E3 2013 press conference.
The trailer offered a look at the game's lush worlds, first-person gameplay and how players can meet up with friends and explore. During the live demo, studio head Jason Jones and game director Joe Staten teamed up to tackle enemies and scout through a desolate building. Jones and Staten easily dispatched alien enemies with energy-filled weapons and looted freely.
Shortly after exiting the building, the two were joined by a third player, adding a Titan to their Warlock and Hunter group. The trio quickly joined up with others to wage battle on a massive enemy.
"Your mission is vital, Guardian," a narrator says as the video wraps up. "If you succeed, you will become legend."
You can watch the video below.
Destiny was announced in February of this year. The game is an "always connected" first-person shooter where players act as Guardians of Earth's last city and traverse the solar system. Last month, Bungie announced that it would include Destiny's worldwide gameplay reveal during its press conference.
In addition to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, the game is also set to launch on Xbox One and Xbox 360. Speaking with IGN, senior writer Eric Osborne said that a PC version was not out of the question.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28