PlayStation 4 will support used games, Sony announced today during its E3 press conference.
Players can trade games, lend them out or "keep them forever." There is no connection requirement to play them.
"When a gamer buys a PS4 disc, they have the rights to use that copy of the game, they can trade in the game at retail, sell it to another person, lend it to a friend or keep it forever," said CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America Jack Tretton.
The announcement was met with a standing ovation from conference attendees.
Tretton added games won't cease to work after 24 hours without an online connection and will not require you to check in online.
Microsoft announced last week that while there's no "platform fee" for used games on the Xbox One, publishers can choose to charge for playing used games — or decide to disallow them altogether.
In This StoryStream
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us