Sony announced The Order: 1886 as a new IP for the PlayStation 4 at its E3 press conference today.
The title is a PS4-exclusive and has strong steampunk overtones. From the reveal trailer shown at the press conference, the game appears to be set in the 19th century and features airships, gear-powered guns, elevated trains and supernatural monsters.
The game is being developed by Ready at Dawn Studios, which is best known for its work on the portable God of War titles and Okami. No release date was announced.
In This StoryStream
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine