Sony announced The Order: 1886 as a new IP for the PlayStation 4 at its E3 press conference today.
The title is a PS4-exclusive and has strong steampunk overtones. From the reveal trailer shown at the press conference, the game appears to be set in the 19th century and features airships, gear-powered guns, elevated trains and supernatural monsters.
The game is being developed by Ready at Dawn Studios, which is best known for its work on the portable God of War titles and Okami. No release date was announced.
In This StoryStream
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game