Sony announced The Order: 1886 as a new IP for the PlayStation 4 at its E3 press conference today.
The title is a PS4-exclusive and has strong steampunk overtones. From the reveal trailer shown at the press conference, the game appears to be set in the 19th century and features airships, gear-powered guns, elevated trains and supernatural monsters.
The game is being developed by Ready at Dawn Studios, which is best known for its work on the portable God of War titles and Okami. No release date was announced.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27