Gaikai is the cloud-based underpinning for the PlayStation 4, but it won't be available when the console launches this holiday season — Gaikai will launch in 2014, said Sony's Andrew House during the company's E3 press conference today.
Sony bought Gaikai for $380 million last summer, and Gaikai CEO David Perry introduced the service for PS4 during the console's reveal event this past February. Gaikai will be used for features like instant game streaming, instant demos and allowing friends to take over gameplay.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)