Gaikai is the cloud-based underpinning for the PlayStation 4, but it won't be available when the console launches this holiday season — Gaikai will launch in 2014, said Sony's Andrew House during the company's E3 press conference today.
Sony bought Gaikai for $380 million last summer, and Gaikai CEO David Perry introduced the service for PS4 during the console's reveal event this past February. Gaikai will be used for features like instant game streaming, instant demos and allowing friends to take over gameplay.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition