Registration for the beta to the Xbox 360 version of World of Tanks opened up today when the console game was announced during Microsoft's E3 press conference. Wargaming.net spokespeople tell Polygon that the plan is to start letting people in to their beta by this weekend.
The chief reason for the beta, we were told, is to stress test the servers and to see how multiplayer matchmaking holds up.
About 40 German and U.S. tanks will be in the beta and about 60 will be in the full version once the game launches. The plan is for Wargaming to add new tanks from different countries as add-ons, following the formula created by the original PC title. The Xbox 360 version of the game was built from the ground up for consoles. Read more about that process here.
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Microsoft may be offering 24-hour demos of Xbox One games to Gold subscribers