Registration for the beta to the Xbox 360 version of World of Tanks opened up today when the console game was announced during Microsoft's E3 press conference. Wargaming.net spokespeople tell Polygon that the plan is to start letting people in to their beta by this weekend.
The chief reason for the beta, we were told, is to stress test the servers and to see how multiplayer matchmaking holds up.
About 40 German and U.S. tanks will be in the beta and about 60 will be in the full version once the game launches. The plan is for Wargaming to add new tanks from different countries as add-ons, following the formula created by the original PC title. The Xbox 360 version of the game was built from the ground up for consoles. Read more about that process here.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Your first look at Agent Locke in Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Wii U owners can now transfer their data to another Wii U
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet