The addictive, high-score action of Pac-Man Championship Edition DX will continue this summer with the release of a new downloadable content pack that adds new skins and new maps. Dubbed Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+, the add-on will let players tailor the game's look with new skins based on Dig Dug and Rally X.
Four new courses will be added in the DX+ pack: Championship III, Big Eater, Mountain and Highway II. Of the few courses we played, Mountain seemed to be the most interesting, particularly from a visual standpoint. (The map is laid out in a mountain shape.)
The Rally X and Dig Dug screens don't add much beyond visual novelty, but they're an enjoyable option — even if feels a bit strange for Dig Dug to be collecting dots and unable to pump bad guys full of air. Even if the new additions are a bit of graphical fluff, the more Pac-Man Championship Edition we get, the better.
Pac-Man CE DX+ will be available this summer for Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network and Windows 8.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- There is a human inside this insane Metal Gear cosplay