The addictive, high-score action of Pac-Man Championship Edition DX will continue this summer with the release of a new downloadable content pack that adds new skins and new maps. Dubbed Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+, the add-on will let players tailor the game's look with new skins based on Dig Dug and Rally X.
Four new courses will be added in the DX+ pack: Championship III, Big Eater, Mountain and Highway II. Of the few courses we played, Mountain seemed to be the most interesting, particularly from a visual standpoint. (The map is laid out in a mountain shape.)
The Rally X and Dig Dug screens don't add much beyond visual novelty, but they're an enjoyable option — even if feels a bit strange for Dig Dug to be collecting dots and unable to pump bad guys full of air. Even if the new additions are a bit of graphical fluff, the more Pac-Man Championship Edition we get, the better.
Pac-Man CE DX+ will be available this summer for Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network and Windows 8.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance