The addictive, high-score action of Pac-Man Championship Edition DX will continue this summer with the release of a new downloadable content pack that adds new skins and new maps. Dubbed Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+, the add-on will let players tailor the game's look with new skins based on Dig Dug and Rally X.
Four new courses will be added in the DX+ pack: Championship III, Big Eater, Mountain and Highway II. Of the few courses we played, Mountain seemed to be the most interesting, particularly from a visual standpoint. (The map is laid out in a mountain shape.)
The Rally X and Dig Dug screens don't add much beyond visual novelty, but they're an enjoyable option — even if feels a bit strange for Dig Dug to be collecting dots and unable to pump bad guys full of air. Even if the new additions are a bit of graphical fluff, the more Pac-Man Championship Edition we get, the better.
Pac-Man CE DX+ will be available this summer for Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network and Windows 8.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- South Park: The Stick of Truth let me do everything but be myself, and that's a bummer
- Disney Infinity's Phineas and Agent P arrive first at GameStop March 15