Super Mario 3D World is coming to Wii U later this year, Nintendo announced today during its E3 Nintendo Direct.
The game includes four-player multiplayer using the same four characters available in Super Mario Bros. 2: Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad. During the trailer shown, each character appeared to have the same abilities as in the past title. The title also introduces a new Bell power-up that turns players in to a cat. Mario and friends will be able to climb walls and scratch enemies.
Additionally, the system's touch screen can be used to find hidden objects.
Super Mario 3D World will launch in December in retailers and on the Wii U eShop.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Stopping non article videos from auto playing.
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites