Super Mario 3D World is coming to Wii U later this year, Nintendo announced today during its E3 Nintendo Direct.
The game includes four-player multiplayer using the same four characters available in Super Mario Bros. 2: Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad. During the trailer shown, each character appeared to have the same abilities as in the past title. The title also introduces a new Bell power-up that turns players in to a cat. Mario and friends will be able to climb walls and scratch enemies.
Additionally, the system's touch screen can be used to find hidden objects.
Super Mario 3D World will launch in December in retailers and on the Wii U eShop.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN