Super Smash Bros. will launch in 2014 and include new characters Villager from Animal Crossing and Mega Man, Nintendo announced today during Nintendo Direct.
Those familiar with the series will also recognize returning characters Mario, Fox, Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby and many more. You can watch the trailer below.
Super Smash Bros. was first revealed during E3 2011, where it was described to have cross-platform play on Wii U and 3DS. The title is in development at Sora Ltd., creator of Kid Icarus: Uprising for the 3DS, and Namco Bandai games.
The last game in the series, Brawl, launch for Wii in 2008. Brawl introduced several new levels and characters, including Snake, Sonic, Pokemon Trainer and more.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Batman Returns (Wed 5 Mar)