The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker will come to Wii U in October 2013, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced today during a Nintendo Direct presentation.
During the presentation, Iwata showed off new features in the game such as the ability for Link to change the sails of his boat to make the boat go much faster, as well as the introduction of the Tingle bottle, which allows players to post messages and images to Miiverse that will appear in bottles around the game world that other people will be able to find. Players will also be able to find other people's bottles in their game.
The HD remake for The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker was first announced in January this year during a Nintendo Direct presentation. It was announced at the time that the title will feature remastered visuals and GamePad functionality.
Update: You can watch the trailer shown during the E3 2013 presentation below.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)