Pokemon X and Y will include a new Fairy Pokemon type and mini-game to help you bond with your Pokemon, Nintendo announced during its E3 press conference today.
The new Fairy type will be introduced with newly-discovered Pokemon Sylveon, which users its long feelers to transmit feelings of calm. Some existing Pokemon will also be reclassified as Fairy-type, including Jigglypuff, Marril and Gardevoir. Fairy-type Pokemon will be strong against Dragon Pokemon.
Two new Pokemon have also been introduced: the Flying and Dragon-type Pokemon Noivern, which uses sound wave attacks; and Vivillon, a Bug and Flying-type that scatters its scales with its wings to create a strong, razor-cutting wind attack.
The company also announced Pokemon-Amie, a new feature that will allow you to pet your Pokemon on-screen and feed them using the 3DS stylus to make them happier and deepen your relationship with them.
Pokemon X and Y will launch worldwide on Oct. 12 for 3DS.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Spare Xbox One code
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Spare PS4 Beta Codes