In an unusual departure from E3 tradition, Nintendo opted to forgo a traditional press conference in favor of streaming a presentation in its "Nintendo Direct" format. "As a brand new challenge, we are working to establish a new presentation style for E3," Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said in April. Nintendo's E3 presence will be "specifically focused on our software lineup for the U.S. market," he explained.
"During the E3 period, we will utilize our direct communication tools, such as Nintendo Direct, to deliver information to our Japanese audience," Iwata said. "And we will take the same approach outside Japan for the overseas fans as well."
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?